Flat-packable plywood stool

Flat-packable plywood stool
By Mike Hindmarsh

Monday, September 6, 2010

Wow! I'm a blogger.

Hi all and welcome to my new blog. This has been on my to do list for a while! Hopefully it will be a good way of keeping you all updated with what i'm up to as this hasn't come to pass on my website(of which it's ways i am not wise, so as such has lay dormant for the last wee while!)
I've just uploaded a shot of my latest design to be put into production. A lightweight stool that is easily disassembled(only 2 screws...!) for ease of  transport and storage.


 It's also featured in the latest urbis magazine along with a swag of other quality Nelson talent (Including my fine friend David Haig).
The stool continues on from the table design i came up with earlier. I couldn't find a sturdy camping table for an upcoming family trip and wanted something stylish and transportable that would also stand up to the strong Pakawau westerly. So i came up with this design made from 10 pieces of 18mm plywood and a couple of hinges.


Assembled and unassembled


Plywood has always been my material of choice and i've always been interested in either slotting or stacking it to create mass or form. This is probably out of laziness on my part as you can create a substantial piece from relatively few materials. This was also the original idea behind my Spacejunk range of shelving.

Thanks for reading this.  Pass it on to anyone you think will be into it and subscribe as i'll be updating it regularly and you won't want to miss out on what's hot and happening in top of the south furniture design. Cheers,
Mike

1 comment:

  1. It was not until the mid-90’s, however, that the chair really began to take off in interior design circles and went into mass production due to its level of popularity.Demir Leather Sydney

    ReplyDelete